Summary of Position
Production Operators are employees who operate process equipment, produce and package product, and perform other tasks essential to our production operation.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent with strong math skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions/work orders
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude/experience, as well as additional formal or technical education
- A strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work well in a team environment
Major Areas of Responsibility
As operators, employees are expected to develop operator skills and assume the following general responsibilities:
- Wear all required PPE and observe all safety regulations
- Operate and maintain production equipment in the area assigned according to current procedures and practices
- Monitor performance of production operations assigned and adjust operating conditions within allowable limits, as needed to achieve performance standards.
- Report processing and equipment problems to the Supervisor.
- Observe and report to Supervisor, the effectiveness of processing, equipment, or method changes.
- Obtain and record processing data as prescribed by procedure, written processing instructions or directive from supervision.
- Insure quality standards are maintained, within their ability to control, and insure properly obtained samples are gathered as required.
- Be constantly on the alert for safety hazards and report any found to the Supervisor.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Lead Operator in charge.
- Participate in area work teams, as necessary.
In addition to the above, qualified operators may be called upon to instruct new or newly assigned operators, and “A” class or Lead Operators may be given charge of an area to assist Production Supervisor.
Employees must also comply with safety rules and regulations, attend safety meetings and training, inspect work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiate action to correct them. They must also report injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Demonstrates the ability to properly operate equipment, follow procedures and written processing instructions for all operations for the area to which they have been assigned.
- Effectiveness of communications between themselves and supervision.
- Completeness and accuracy of required reports and records.
- Skill level (consistency and quality).
- Cleanliness and safety in work area.
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H, S &E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.